How to obtain permanent residency through a K-1 visa?

I’m in the process of obtaining a K-1 visa and would like to know how I can convert this into permanent residency in the United States. What are the steps and requirements to achieve this?


Obtaining permanent residency through a K-1 visa involves several crucial steps. Here’s a detailed breakdown of the process:

  1. Get the K-1 Visa: The K-1 visa is a fiancé(e) visa that allows the foreign partner of a U.S. citizen to enter the United States to get married.
  2. Marry Within 90 Days: Once your fiancé(e) arrives in the U.S. with the K-1 visa, you must get married within 90 days.
  3. File Form I-485: After the marriage, the next step is to file Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, to convert the K-1 visa to a permanent resident status (Green Card).
  4. Provide Documentation: You will need to submit various documents, including the marriage certificate, proof of identity, and evidence of your relationship, among others.
  5. Attend the Interview: Typically, you and your spouse will need to attend an interview at a USCIS office. The interview is to assess the legitimacy of your marriage and review your documents.
  6. Receive the Green Card: If everything is in order and your application is approved, you will receive your Green Card, granting you permanent residency.

For a detailed breakdown of each step and specific tips to ensure a smooth transition to permanent residency, check out this link: Permanent Residency through K-1 Visa.

Don’t let the process overwhelm you! Click on the link to get all the information you need and ensure everything is done correctly from the start. Get informed now and secure your future in the United States!